Stygian Book Review

34330946


Stygian by Sherrilyn Kenyon
A Dark-hunter #27

Man, there is so much to unload 

One thing I love when Kenyon focuses on one character is unloading all the background, the history of this character who is 1100 years old. I kept waiting for the story to come to the present time, but to understand Urian, we had to know the situation in which he was born, his childhood as an Appolite, and his early life as a Daimon until he was 'killed' by his foster dad, Stryker. We saw how he grew up, his strength, his vulnerability and his resilience to not give up when most of his loved ones passed away in front of him. 

It was a lot to swallow. Another character with a hard childhood and teenage life, doomed to die at 27 or live as a soul-sucker. But Urian wasn't a mere daimon. He is the Son of a great warrior/a bloody chthonian and son of the Goddess of War and Misery. You can't eff with our boy. 

Some of the scenes were repetitive (from the previous books), I did not mind some of it but damn, you had to make us relive the Styxx' story again. OF COURSE, I CRIED! AGAIN! 
It made me want to shake Ash again. 

One character that surprised me was Saraxyn. I did not expect her to be acquainted with Urian from the beginning. I did not even notice their interactions in Falcyn and Medea's story. And I am so glad I did not. They are perfect for each other. I didn't know if she would end up with him or Phoebe the Psycho would be here. I was biting my nails while reading Phoebe's parts. I don't loathe the girl but yeah she needed to get out of the picture. Too whiny. 

The ending was satisfactory. Not great af. But it didn't leave me frustrated. The Daimons, the Dark-hunters and the others are in accord to fight against Apollo, the other demons (which I can't remember their name) and the Primary Dark Gods (except for Braith).
I expect a fierce battle like the Primus Bellum. 

Speaking about the Primary Gods - where the fuck is Kissare? I hope to all the Pantheons that he is not Savitar! I will shit brick! I still need his story and a wife to keep him company on his moving island. Need Thorn and Jaden stories as well. 

So the next story will be about Xander? or will it be a novella? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review

Chosen Champion Book Review