Wildcard Book Review

29386918

It was indeed a rematch! Whether it was the Warcross Finale, Emika against Zero or Hideo against Zero. 


My mind is still reeling from all the unravelling of the secrets and mysteries. I sense that I am about to get a major book hangover from this one. I read it so fast when Emika started to learn about Zero, aka Sasuke Tanaka. The twists at that particular part kept me going until I swallowed the last paragraph and I felt empty. 

I WANT MORE, MARIE! I needed more Hideo and Emika. And THIS IS THE LAST BOOK! I do not know why I thought it would be a trilogy. I expected a cliff-hanger at the end, that would make want to scream in my wardrobe or my pillow. It had a satisfactory ending. WHY! I mean I want a happy ending for the protagonists, but UGH! Bloody hangover! I am having serious withdrawals. 

When I started to read the book and when Emika met Zero and his crew, I wanted her to tell him to go to Hideo and tell him he's alive. Hideo would stop the algorithms. I so wanted a Tanaka brothers reunion at the very beginning. I know I was greedy for fan service. But I do like how the plot flew. It was consistent, there was no delay in unravelling the truth and the actions were well calculated. Each character had a role to play. And OMY GOD! Tremaine, boy nearly gave me a cardiac arrest. The Phoenix Riders are loyal to the core and I love their friendship with Emika. I was scared but curious to know who the hell will betray Emika at the end, I was served well. During the closing ceremony, when Hideo lost control and Zero took over, that was unexpected. I really thought Sasuke would just burst out of Zero's shell and talk to his brother. 

I am glad that Hideo was not the main vilain as it was showcased in the first one. He did it for his brother and he is paying for the price. I know he will get through the ordeals, as long as Emika is with him and also, Sasuka, in any way and any form. I SERIOUSLY NEED ANOTHER ONE! A LAST ONE! Now that Henka Games has a badass and beautiful new CEO, do a special one - a novella. Post-Blackcoats control on Neurolink something. I READ THIS TOO FAST! 

Marie Lu, you're sugoi! The Warcross books are one the best sci-fi/futuristic/romance book I've read. Each word and each page take you the futuristic world, the descriptions take shape in your mind and you're there seeing the colours of the tech, the characters playing Warcross, Emika in the Dark World - the Pirate's ship floating, and the Toyko's streets. It was a beautiful journey (if it's indeed the end). 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review

Chosen Champion Book Review