High Voltage Book Review


35457273


HOLY FECKING SHIT 

I am just mind blown over all the twists and turns. She became a hunter. A dragon. Shazam is half a hell-cat and Barrons' bookstore is floating on a cloud. WTF. 

I was glued to the pages the moment Ryodan came back, cause it made no bloody sense that he just leaves Dani all my herself. Such a possessive beast could not let his... mate alone, unprotected. Again, MINDBLOWN

I did not expect that the Song of the Making will bring create more doom than good. Seems like the only good things it did were closing the black holes and destroying that cursed book. Other than that, it woke the old Gods and gave more strength to the faes- both Seelie and Unseelie. And to add more to the equation of feckery, Dani (who I am glad stayed Dani and not Jada) started to sort of mutated, becoming all black and then BOOM - a freaking hunter. This flabbergasted me but then the rock, the celestial rock that plummeted from the sky to the man, in the prologue, explained it all. That rock threw by Shazam, started everything for Ryodan. Now we know why he was so interested in Dani and would always save her. God, it's just raw romance. Where Barrons would show his love to Mac with his eyes and thoughts, Ryodan says it all and man, can he talk. I almost blushed. 

I glad Dani finally let go of her stupid pride and finally see Ryodan for what he is. Took bloody and her becoming a hunter to accept it but better late than never. Dani, Dani, Dani, she is definitely the beloved Dani we once met in book one. Ryodan said the first time the Nine and himself met Dani, they wanted to see what kind of woman she will become. Ditto dude, we too and we are proud of her. 

I won't lie when I say I missed Mac in this one, especially seeing a sad Barrons. I really thought Mac as the new Queen would resolve so many things by now but you can't bloody trust a Seelie. She needs to get her power in check, learn all the ropes and make the Seelie behave. Once she can achieve that, she can help Dani, Ryo and the others to fight against the Old Gods. I guess since Balor is off the caves, AOZ would take his place. Again, they got issues to resolve, the band needs to be together again and for that to happen, each one of them needs to resolve their own issues. Christian needs to stop holding back, he is powerful to control his power. Sean needs to stop the emo phase and let Kat helps him. 

The Fever Series will always be a favourite of mine. 

Threw all the complicated issues, the unresolved ones to the most stupid ones, I will read them all. 
Mac, the Nine, Dani, Christian and the Sidhe-seers, I will meet you in the next book!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review

Chosen Champion Book Review