Bunker Boy Book Review


46148722


Bunker Boy by Jordan Elisabeth


I have always been a fan of Jordan's book - her flow of writing and the intrinsic way the plot's twists occur. This one took me by surprise. I did NOT see that twist coming at the end, I was so confused, 'is this really the end? what really happened? will she go out and see what happened to her family?' It did not occur to me that the whole thing was a cult. It was annoying to read about the men being such asses and making the rules for the women, but I do get the 'we need to repopulate the world'. However, it is NOT the first thing that you think about if you ever wake up from a  coma after surviving a near apocalypse. 

I felt so much anxiety when Zara was going out, exploring around the resort. I was scared that she get caught, get tortured BUT somehow I did wanted to see if they would throw her outside. This was me still believing, like the girls, that the end had come. I think I need to re-evaluate the number of post-apocalyptic books I read. 

After everything was unravelled, I was again scared that Bunker Boy would die! I expected some romantic scenes with Zara but with such circumstances, I don't think it would make sense. He did brush his fingers on Zara's cheek, that was sweet and heart tickling. 

I am glad about the ending, I expected worst. 

It was a nice, quick read (since I read the whole thing within hours). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Summoned to Thirteenth Grave Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review