Vortex Visions Book Review

41834793

Vortex Visions, Book one of the Vortex Chronicles

Reading Vortex Visions was like coming back to a place you visited a long time ago. I loved Air Awakens books, with Vhalla and Aldrik. Elise Kova knows how to create worlds and inhuman creatures that become normal for you, such as in the Loom Chronicles. And I expected the same with Vortex Visions, Elise definitely delivered. 

Vhalla, being one of my favourite female book characters, it was pretty normal that I love her daughter. She is a good mix of Aldrik and Vhalla. I nearly forgot the promise Vhalla made to Sehra. I'm glad it was not shown how it happened, I wouldn't bear watching Aldrik and Vhalla letting go of Vi. Anyway, few first pages of the book and I was already hooked. We heard about and met the original characters. We met new characters that slowly became my favourites as well, except Andru.
His first expression got me suspicious and I nearly hated him. 

I must say it took me a while to understand that Romulin was Vi's twin brother. I was either too excited to read the book or I thought Romulin was a country or tribe. Moreover, I was expecting Vi to have Vhalla's power, instead of Aldrik. Well sorta. That twist was mindblowing. When we got to know that her power was more than that, I expected a mix of both her mother and father's power or just her future sight, but NOOOOOO! I was happily surprised. 

I cannot wait to see what more she does with her powers. AND, of course, her relation, as the champion or mere young woman, with the voice of Yargen, Taavin. I expected a love interest but the race was totally unexpected. Elves are one of my favourites. Taavin's kind is like the Tolkien - pretty, badass and smart, and the enemy, the elfin'ra, are the urukai. Taavin is mysterious and I hope we get to see him more involved with Vi and their mission to save the world against Raspian and his disciples. By the way, I love the theory on how they got released from their 'prison'. Damn you again Victor. 

The ending as it should keep me on edge. I was already screaming in my head that he was not dead, pretty much like Vi did. HE CANNOT BE DEAD! Definitely not! You cannot joke with this, not with us, die-hard Air Awakens' fans. HE.IS.NOT.DEAD!

And side note, I think that traveller is Yargen or that fallen star woman, who I cannot for the love of coffee remember her name. But yeah, she must be some Goddess. 

I know I will be starting Chosen Champion the moment I finish this review and wait for Failed Future to be released this week. 

No need to wait that long!!! YES!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Summoned to Thirteenth Grave Book Review