Summoned to Thirteenth Grave Book Review

35391370


Charlie Davidson Series, Book 13 (Last one)


I DON'T WANT IT TO END! 

I delayed so much reading this one because I did not want it to end. I want more. It ended with a cliffhanger though. WHERE'S OSH? DID HE SWITCHED SIDE? We need Osh and a Beep story, like 18years later. I am sad that Charlie and Reyes couldn't be 'normal' parents. But they are here for her, a safe haven. 

As usual, Charlie's character is a breath of fresh air. You love her even if she's annoying or keeps naming things/locations/body anatomies with ridiculous names. Reyes is just Reyes. This man makes me hyperventilate every time his dimple or smirk is mentioned. The man is among the top shelves male characters along with Bones from Night Huntress, Barrons from Fever Series, Kaleb from Psy-changeling series and Raphael from Guild Hunter series. TOP SHELF, ma man! 

After 13 books, you tend to be familiar with Darynda's writing style and the flow of the plot. As usual, there is this impending danger that the main characters have to tackle and on the side, there are mysteries/murders to be solved, people to save and dead people to crossover. 

The plot twists got me especially Gemma and Uncle Ubie. I did not expect any of that. It's just sad. Poor Charlie, Cookie and Amber. Uncle Ubie though, like WHAT?! I was flabbergasted. And Reyes' deal reveals at the end scared me, even more than Charlie stabbing the heart. I was already in tears and then Charlie made a new deal. I like Archangel Michael. I hope we see him more if or when we get a new series on Beep and Osh (Yes, I want this series so bad). I was sad but happy too about Rocket, Blue and the other kids. They needed closure after decades of suffering. And we got a new character, Thaniel, I like him. He needs to be in the spin-off series of Beep and Osh. I mean why introduce an important interesting character and not use him. Definitely for the spin-off. 

I love this series so much. Reading the last one made me so nostalgic. I fell in love with Farrow and adored Charlie's sassiness and craziness from book one. 

I will wait for the spin-off, even if it takes years... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review