Favourite Quotes

While you are reading, you're engrossed into the plot and you're walking along the line with the characters, and something happens, a line or a sentence catch your attention more than the others. 
You feel the need to write it down, to highlight it, to copy paste it- SOMETHING to immortalize these words. 
I personally have a wall of things I keep sticking my favourite book quotes, authors' personally sayings on. 



Here are some of my favourite ones so far (because it keeps on piling and piling the more books I read): 

    • "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ― Albert Einstein 
    • "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set,  I go into the other room and read a book." ― Groucho Marx 
    • “Half the night I waste in sighs, Half in dreams I sorrow after The delight of early skies;In a wakeful doze I sorrow For the hand, the lips, the eyes, For the meeting of the morrow, The delight of happy laughter, The delight of low replies.” ― Alfred Tennyson, Maud, and other poems
    • “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
    • “If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” ― E.B. White
    • “You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it's your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You're probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you're gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years.”  ― Chris Rock
    • “Only dumb people try to impress smart people. Smart people just do what they do.” ― Chris Rock
    • “If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.” ― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
    • “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” ― Orson Welles
    • “If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.” ― Dorothy Parker
    • “I think I've discovered the secret of life -- you just hang around until you get used to it.” ― Charles M. Schulz
    • "Deserve your dreams." ― Octavio Paz 
    • "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools" ―  Ernest Hemingway
More to come... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review

Chosen Champion Book Review