Deadmen Walking Book Review

Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon

ALL ABOARD THE SEA WITCH, YOU FUTTOCKING BUFFOONS 

I have been a fan of Kenyon for years, with the Dark Hunter Series (which include the Dream Hunters and the Katagaria, Drakomai etc). I was always intrigued with Thorn, and now have a series on his pawns. Ehehe 
Devyl would shit wood if he was referred as Thorn's pawns. Though he was at the beginning, yet an ally is more appropriate wording.

So, Deadmen Walking is the First novel of the Deadman's Cross series (I hope it's a series, not a futtocking trilogy). At the beginning, we meet Paden Jack who is fighting a sea monster - deformed Kraken if you judge by my imagination. 

Then forward to his sister meeting the main protagonist of the book in a bar, the notorious Captain of the Sea Witch, Devyl Bane. He has crew of deadmen, called Hell Chasers and their leader is our Thorn. ehehe Cadegan's father, Lucifer's son and sexy mofo governing Asmodeus. His real name... I don't like, it makes him sound too human. Thorn is it. 

I really want a book about THORN only though. Same as a book on Savitar. Mysterious sexy asses! 

ANYWAY!!! 

The plot revolves around Paden's sister, Cameron Jack trying to find his brother with the help of the Sea Witch's crew. By the way, the ship is futtocking real- a real being whose sister is the main villain in the book, maybe the series too. Bitches like that don't die easily. 

So, Captain Bane, his precious ship (ohoho) and his crew are helping Miss Jack to find Paden, to defeat Vine (the ship Marcelina's sister) and to stop more atrocities from hell to come into our world. 

Of course, they would fail half of it because there won't be a sequel story if all went futtocking well. 

The writing style, the action scenes, the meticulous but not long as futtocking descriptions, the dialogues, the characters and the plot twists are PURE Kenyon. I am satisfied, though every time they mentioned Savitar or Acheron, I anticipated a cameo. Maybe in the next ones. I don't mind if they don't appear though, Thorn is enough. And him fighting alongside the Archangels Gabriel and Michael is everything. I wonder if we'll get to see them in future books- the Dark Hunters series. 

One thing that took me of the futtocking guard was the relationships between the main and the side characters. Love I mean. I was totally expecting Cam with Devyl. Boy I was so wrong! Gladly wrong though. I can't wait to read the next book on Cam and her merman story. 
As for Captain Bane, he got what he deserved, a better and loving life. Hopefully we see them in present day stories, though the voyage during the Pirates' time was riveting. 

It was definitely an adventure!! 
The hell-chasers are definitely my favourite after the Dark Hunters. 

5 Stars for Deadmen Walking! I learned new words and can't wait to use them daily, especially futtocking (i guess you've noticed by now how much im loving using this amazing word). 

We keep sailing with Death doesn't bargain (book 2 of Deadman's Cross) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review

Chosen Champion Book Review