Cruel Prince Book Review

26032825

The Folk of Air Book 1 

"If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse." - Jude 

Holy acorn! 

I swallowed this book whole in one day. 

I just open it while I was in a waiting room and then swallowed three chapters. The moment I went home, I hit the bed and started to read while making a hot cappuccino. I COULD NOT LET IT DOWN! I was stressed for Jude. I just wanted to tell her to go to the mortal world and live there. But our girl is power hungry and she wants to have a place in a world where they don't respect her and where she came to live because she had no choice. The more I continued to read, the more I saw Arya Stark in Jude, but more power-hungry than revengeful. It's like if Arya came to stay with Cersei after her training at the Faceless men. Taryn reminded me of Sansa Stark at the beginning where she wanted to be married to fit in, to have a place. I must say I am not a fan of Taryn. I will read the novella on her story in a few minutes and I might change my mind on her. We will see. 

The coronation was sick! Holly Black is a savage like G.R.R Martin - she doesn't care if half of the characters die. God! I had my hand over my mouth while reading on the coronation of Prince Dair. I cannot say that the deaths were unfair, it could have been avoided but power will make people become the most depraved, even for folks that cannot lie.

The males who could be potential suitors for Jude are jerks. I cannot believe that Locke dude, what the hell! And Taryn went on with it, said it's a test. I know she's not stupid but how much do you want to fit in that you allow that to happen. I like Vivienne, she doesn't care about the faery folks, care about her sisters and oak and still makes her dad remember of his murder. I say she's more human than her sisters. What an irony! 

In the end, Jude got what she wants - power, even though she has to be with someone she dislikes them most. I do not want to like Cardan, no matter how pitiful or charming he could be and even though he could really like Jude, he is still a jerk. Jude will have a lot on her plate; manages the wicked king, protects her brother - the heir that she thinks will take the throne when he comes of age and maintains her position as a sort of 'Queen'. 

Bloodshed is coming! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review

Chosen Champion Book Review