Bloodwitch Book Review


39863277

Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard (The Witchlands #3)

Man! that book took me a while to read, but for a good reason! 
I did not want to miss anything - the plot, the details, the main characters and the descriptions of the surroundings. Dennard is an amazing word as well as a world builder! I am thoroughly amazed. I took my time starting the book and then when the last chapters came, I finished the book wanting to know more. 

I am not satisfied, I want to know more. I want the main characters to meet TOGETHER. The four characters whom I came to know, to learn and to love. Even Aeduan, who I was so apprehensive about in book one and a little in book 2. These characters are so well written. The details are meticulous. 

Reading a Witchland book is like going on a journey, on an adventure with each character; Safiyya as the court's truthwitch with Vaness, Merik with Esme (SHE IS PSYCHO WHO SHOULD BE DEAD), Kullen/Fury (BASTIEN?what) with Esme and with the Raider King, Iseult and Aeduan, with Owl and Blueberry and they are later joined with Leopold. You switch scenes and characters each chapter, this is a writing technique that I do love and appreciate, especially if it is well written. It keeps you on edge and you don't forget what is happening to your characters. 

The ending, well the truths were been revealed obviously shocked me but twists I did not expect were Habim and Matthew's plan, Rokesh stealing Safi's telescope, the monks going against Nomatsi and the Rook King killing Stix. WHAT was that? Who is he? Soooo many questions! 
Good thing we have two books coming up, well we have to wait a lot but I know it will be worth it. 

I just want our newly threadheart to meet again and of course, Merik getting out of whatever chill situation he got in and meet his golden hair heart. I hoooope Aeduan finds Merik, as Iseult found Safi. It was such a beautiful reunion. I couldn't help smiling!

See you next year, Iseult, Aeduan, Safi and Merik! 😁


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead Book Review

Summoned to Thirteenth Grave Book Review

Vortex Visions Book Review